Most recent posting below. See other articles in the column to the right.
The Garden State winemakers brought home 16 silver awards and 28 bronze medals at the 10th annual Finger Lakes International Wine Competition in March.. These include:
• 4JG’s Orchards & Vineyard in Colts Neck in Monmouth County won a silver for a 2005 Chambourcin and bronzes for a 2007 Cabernet Franc and a 2007 Chambourcin.
• Alba in Milford took four silvers for its 2008 Chambourcin, 2007 Barrel Reserve Chardonnay, 2008 Dry Riesling and its Dolcina ice dessert wine. It also took a bronze for its 2008 Gewurztraminer.
• Auburn Road Vineyards in Pilesgrove in Salem County brought home two bronze awards for its 2007 Merlot Reserve and its Sole Vidal Blanc.
• DiMatteo Vineyards in Hammonton in Atlantic County won three silver medals for its non-vintage Chambourcin, its Cranberry Wine and its Pasquale Red concord grape wine. DiMatteo also picked up a bronze for its Strawberry Wine made exclusively with New Jersey strawberries.
• Hopewell Valley Vineyards in Pennington in Mercer County won three silver awards for its 2006 Cabernet Sauvignon, a 2008 Pinot Grigio and its non vintage Dolce Vita Vidal Blanc.
The winery also garnered seven bronze medals for a 2006 Chambourcin, a 2008 Chardonnay, a 2006 Merlot, its Porto Bianco port, its 2005 Rosso della Valle, a 2005 Sangiovese and its Stony Brook Blush semi-dry Rose.
Add a Comment