Mortgage Muse BlogThe moment you stop seeing a mortgage as a cost, and think of it as an investment, you’re wealthier. This blog will identify and explore the opportunities that are present to strengthen your financial position by effectively tailoring your mortgage to fit your lifestyle.
Most recent posting below. See other blog postings in the column to the right.
2. “Right Size” your mortgage. Pay down your mortgage to a level that is in keeping with your home’s value in today’s market
3. Create a cash cushion. Be prepared for the worst by thinking ahead. Start small by creating a “cash buffer” of $1,000 then build it up.
4. Fund your IRA. Contributing to a traditional or Roth IRA is a great way to invest in yourself and your retirement.
5. Have a life insurance plan. An estimated 25 million Americans do not have a life insurance policy – especially women. Even if you are a stay at home mom, you should get a policy that helps cover the cost of your family should something happen to you.
6. Get a will. No one likes to talk about wills, but they are absolutely essential. If you can’t afford attorney fees check out Legalzoom.com or BuildaWill.com.
7. Invest in Professional Development. Take a course or attend a conference that will help advance your career.
8. Make a charitable contribution. Not only will you be helping a worthy cause, you will lower your tax bill for next year.
9. Don’t withhold as much. As fun as it is to receive a big refund check every year, try to maximize your monthly cash flow. That extra cash can help you reduce your debt or increase your savings.
10. Have some fun. Reward yourself for paying down your debt and building up your cash cushion by treating yourself to a nice dinner or buying that pair of shoes you had your eye on.
Add a Comment