Veterans Park Trails
The land for this 350 acre park was originally part of the John Abbott II farm. The old farm house (circa 1730), the foundation of the barn, a smoke house, a doctor’s office (1840) and herb garden can all be seen in the historic area at the South Entrance. The land was purchased for the park in 1977. The acreage is about to be increased to 450 acres. There are seven walking trails in addition to the paved bikeways in the park. The trails are named by colors and are marked with thick posts the tops of which are painted the color of the trail. All trails are relatively flat and wide with benches, and outlooks along them.